1. Never dance alone (even in a solo). Involve the audience, make eye contact and project and direct your energy.
2. Forget the fake smile. Relax your jaw and be natural, feel your way through your dance with your emotions.
3. Fill the spaces in the music. Don’t let your energy or intent drop between counts. Resist “sameness” as you dance.
4. Keep secrets. Imagine you are keeping a secret from your audience. Imagine revealing it bit by bit as your performance unfolds.
5. Really act. Know the context and your role in it, make it seem real.
6. Ooze confidence. Even if you don’t feel it fake it.
7. Go beyond what you think you can achieve. In yourself, in rehearsal and performance.
Written by Jessica Gallagher
Thank you for following our blog.